Monday, September 21, 2009

Lunchtime!

eating for $4 a day
... this morning i had oatmeal, a portion of yesterday's frittata, and by the noon tasting (comparing a mediocre vendor sample against our scratch Chili recipe), I was ready to gorge on anything my fork could reach.

The simple task of not snacking while working shines some light on how much I actually eat during the day- a taste of soup here, a cookie, a gougere, you know, the usual. Whatever I am making I always taste for flavor (for professional reasons) and then normally continue to snack on it, too (for lack of will power reasons).

Black Bean and Broccoli Enchiladas with Roasted Jalapenos
makes 16 enchiladas


what's inside:
-Black Beans, Sauteed Broccoli Stems, Onion, Garlic, Red Bell Pepper
-Sauce: Olive Oil, Canned Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, broiled Jalapeno, Cilantro Stems and leaves
-eaten over steamed brown rice (to make a complete protein, hooray!)


I made about 16 of these, so they should be good for a few meals.

i also brought fresh broccoli and some homemade hummus for a snack to have this afternoon (which I will probably dive into right before the Cheesecake tasting).

www.hungerchallenge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment