Wednesday, September 23, 2009

but I'm hungry now!

I snack. often. I luckily remembered this while shopping for my meals this week. It's great because I cut veggies, boiled/pureed chick peas and fried chips on Sunday so I have nibbles on hand ready to go, rather than making things from scratch all day long. And, not only are they affordable, but they are "healthy"... er, at the very least, all natural!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - 12 cookies
Homemade Hummus with Fresh Vegetables -1 quart of hummus plus cut veggies
Home-fried Tortilla Chips - 4 bags (about 8 corn tortillas)


ps that extra juice on top of the hummus is a squirt of extra olive oil


what's inside:
-the oatmeal raisin cookies have stuff i'd been eating for breakfast, plus ground ginger, cinnamon, and some butter i had in the freezer. you can also buy it by the stick at Whole Foods, which is nice. 12 cookies uses about 1/2 stick (4 Tbs.)
-hummus: dried chickpeas I cooked with garlic, roasted garlic, vinegar, olive oil - calcium in that broccoli!
-tortilla chips: 30-pack, i made chips, enchiladas, and have some left for tacos later in the week

No comments:

Post a Comment