Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chic and Tasty on $4 a day

i realize more and more each day that I eat A LOT.not because I am hungry, but because I am around food all day long. I'm becoming more comfortable with not snacking on extra pumpkin pancakes and the latest spice rubbed chicken. But still, eating frequent, small meals is best for me; to satiate my appetite and eat healthy, too!

*note: quinoa is easy to cook (like rice, with a 1:1.5 ratio grain to water) and a complete protein!
*another note: i bought a head of cabbage: CHEAP! and am trying to get the most out of it- so used the outermost leaves for my wraps... we haven't seen the last of that cabbage.
*i do have a bag of home-fried tortilla chips in my purse to tide me over before dinner.

www.hungerchallenge.com

So, on $4 a day, I had my usual, oatmeal with raisins for breakfast, a mid-morning frittata snack...

noontime... I was ready for lunch, but afterward, am feeling full and not lethargic. Today's light lunch was tasty and filling! I made extra cabbage rolls... I just might go crazy and have some for dinner!

Orange Quinoa Cabbage Wraps with Fresh Carrot Salad - 2 servings

what's inside:
the wraps: blanched cabbage, cooked quinoa, orange zest, chopped raisins, a bit of white vinegar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cilantro leaves
the salad: thinly sliced carrots, onion, red bell pepper, cilantro leaves, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment