Friday, September 25, 2009

it's alright, 'cause I'm saved by the bean!

okay, so my chicken leg is wrapped in layers of plastic (for odor control) in the trashcan.

with some quick thinking, I remembered that Ii bought way too many black beans for the week (at $.99 a pound dry, i splurged)...

I made the protein portion out of a few scoops to create- bean loaf? beancake?

Black Bean Terrine with Apple Coleslaw

what's inside:
terrine: black beans (some have been pureed with one egg), chopped jalapeno, baked in a small loaf pan
'slaw: apples, cabbage, carrot, cilantro, lime juice, homemade mayo (i had an egg yolk leftover from my frittata the other day and whisked in canola oil, vinegar and salt= mayo!)

...now I just hope Mr. B doesn't see the tape of me playing hookey at the Dodger game... rabbi strawberry?

oh, by the way:There are more food stamp recipients in the U.S. than ever before - 32 million.
www.hungerchallenge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment