Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner

on $4 a day! www.hungerchallenge.com

I'm about 1/2way through the challenge and am not concerned with running out of food. I have leftovers of each meal I have made! However, I did an hour of cardio this morning, so my appetite might be larger today...

Poached Egg over Fennel Cabbage Rosti with Broccoli -2 servings


What's inside:
poached egg with cracked black pepper
steamed broccoli
"Cabbage Rosti": I cooked 1/2 strip of bacon lardons with 1/2 onion and sliced cabbage then stirred in a grated potato and 1 egg, a bit of fennel seed, salt and pepper

2 comments:

  1. Calley, I want to eat at YOUR house for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely easier to cook for ONE for ONE WEEK on $4 a day.

    ... i am enjoying throwing out ideas to spice things up. I would never imagine that someone on food stamps would make all of these things all in one week! And, many of the recipes can be scaled up to make: great leftovers!

    ReplyDelete